Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tummy Talk

One of the reasons why I wasn’t blogging for sometime was because of a pregnancy journal I had been updating. I found Tummy Talk on Amazon and the brother of a friend of mine was kind enough to bring it home for me from the US. Although we have a supply of cute baby books here in Manila, I never really found a pregnancy book like this one.  
The cover of the journal is hard bound in felt material

Tummy Talk is a complete all-in-one album, scrap book, and keepsake journal that expectant mom’s can use from the time you find out about the pregnancy until the baby’s first homecoming. The journal has 5 sections: pregnancy stories, prenatal progress report, weeks in waiting, baby shower, and the homecoming. As you can tell, it’s much more detailed than a baby book because you journal every step of the way from the pregnancy tests you took, to how you announced the pregnancy, to your food cravings and aversions, name considerations, first baby purchases and gifts, to the baby shower and the baby’s first day at home. I also love the section where family and friends can write messages to the baby. The book gives pre-cut out pieces of paper that you can stick to the pages like a scrap book. It also has a whole section of weekly journaling, so I’ve been filling that up while I try to update this blog. 
The 5 sections of the journal with color coded tabs
This whole section is all about the Baby Shower!

ultrasound prints
cut outs for messages for the baby
 I really wanted to embrace the experience of my 1st pregnancy and it would be nice for our future daughter to read about this journey too. It’s so much fun to fill it up and see the progress of my pregnancy. The only part I dread – answering how much weight I’ve gained for every prenatal visit! =P
Weekly journals
                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment