Monday, February 27, 2012

Prenatal Yoga at Stillpoint Manila

After my failed attempt to attend prenatal yoga class last week, I finally found time to go yesterday! Edwina Dominguez-Garchitorena was recommended to me by my newest mummy (to darling Sevi!) friend Pam Begre who did prenatal yoga herself a few months ago. I was really looking forward to it since I haven't had any form of exercise for the past 5 months! I was a Plana Forma addict before I got pregnant but since I had a delicate 1st trimester, I was not allowed to do anything strenuous until now. On my last check up, Dr. Samson signed my consent form for the class and allowed me not only to go to prenatal yoga class, but also to Shanghai next week! (Another blog on our Babymoon when we get back.)

Was so excited to use my bolso bag again after 5 months! =)
The class was actually harder than I thought! Or maybe because my body just wasn't used to it anymore. The class was not intense at all though - very relaxed, easy going and far from PlanaForma classes I used to take. I really loved the stretches, but found a few positions quite challenging especially when it involved tucking the belly in or leaning over my belly! The class was about an hour and a half and the class size is limited to about 5-6 students per session. Yesterday there were 4 of us, 2 of them were on their 28th week and another one was on her 23rd week just like myself. The last 20-30 minutes was more of meditation so Edwina asked us to lie on our mats facing the left side and we had pillows between our legs and on our heads just like when we go to bed! She played really nice meditative music and I was trying so hard to focus on my breathing but there were times when my mind would go elsewhere and I would catch myself half asleep already! It was quite embarrassing when I opened my eyes and saw everyone else was already in a sitting position while I was still lying comfortably on my mat! I hope I didn't snore or anything! Haha!! :)

It felt nice to use my unused muscles and my back felt really good too! I would definitely go back again. The only disadvantage for me was the time and location - it's all the way in Legaspi Village, Makati and classes are Mondays and Thursdays at 3:30pm. I work full time so I can't commit to it when we have busy days at work. I looked around the Internet for other prenatal yoga classes and saw that YogaManila at Shangrila's Chi Spa offers it too. This might be a better option for me since it's only a few minutes away from the office and starting March 8, they will start offering Thursday classes at 4:30pm! =)
The studio at Stillpoint Manila

Stillpoint Manila is located at:
3C Torre de Salcedo,
184 Salcedo St.
Legaspi Village,
Makati City

You may contact Edwina through: 0926 693 8844

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Ms. Rona, my name is Lia from Xpert.ph. I was browsing through your blog and thought you may be interested in joining our free Xpert Workshop on pregnancy and photography featuring Dra. Sarmiento and Sofia Genato of The Stork Studio. Pls. feel free to contact me at contact@xpert.ph so I can share more details about the event with you, or you can check out www.xpert.ph/workshops. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete